The National Library Singapore never fails to amaze us! Right from the collection of books for all in the family to making other content like CDs or mobile app available or other activities that NLB conducts, everything about it is very people-centric. Library@Harbourfront is the newest reading and learning destination for all across Singapore to read, learn and collaborate.
It opens to public on 12th Jan 2019 at Level 3 of Vivocity and we got an opportunity to take a close look at it as Singapore media.
Read on as we bring some exclusive excerpts of what Library@Harbourfront has in store for you all.
View this post on Instagram
This pic gives me poolside feels…In reality, it’s @nationallibrarysg ‘s brand new Library opening on 12th Jan!!! I just attended an exclusive media preview of National Library Board, Singapore ‘s newest Library at Harbourfront. Set against a spectacular view of Sentosa, the swanky library@harbourfront located on the level 3 of VivoCity Singapore will be a new reading and learning destination for all across Singapore to read, learn and collaborate. . . #mediapreview #socialmediamomsg #rainbowdiaries #sginfluencer #sgmedia #booksaremagic #nlb #nationallibrarysg #ar #vr #augmentedreality #virtualreality #libraryatharbourfront
- Spectacular view of Sentosa – The view just makes the place more conducive. Library@Harbourfront adopts a coastal theme with waves in hues of blue and green. It invites patrons to look “Beyond the Horizon”.
- Two distinct zones – one for adults and teens, and another for children. This is to provide dedicated spaces and enhanced services that cater to different reading and learning needs.
- The first-ever maker space for children, where young readers can tinker and play with technology.
- A wide collection of resources and flexible spaces for adults and teens to engage in programmes with a strong digital focus. This area will be volunteer-run.
- Spanning 3,000 sqm, library@harbourfront houses a refreshed collection of about 200,000 books, magazines, and audio-visual materials. This is complemented by NLB’s extensive digital collection of about 480,000 eBooks and audiobooks, and over 7,400 eNewspaper and eMagazine titles. Jaw dropping!
- Stories Come Alive Room – This facility makes use of moving images, light and sound effects to make storytelling an immersive and interactive experience for children.
- The library will hold over 500 programmes for patrons of all ages across 2019. In line with efforts to prepare Singaporeans for the digital future, the programme line-up will focus on topics related to the digital economy, new technologies, lifestyle and recreation.
- Look forward to the use of the latest technologies of Artificial Reality, Virtual Reality and Robotics.
Address: 1 Harbourfront Walk, #03-05 Vivocity, Singapore 098585
Opening Hours: Mon – Sun 11 AM – 9 PM
Visit NLB website here.
Pics: my own and Courtesy of the National Library Board, All Rights Reserved, 2019.
Are you into a venture that is all about kids /ladies /families? Then do contact us to reach out to Singapore moms, kids and families. We are among TOP 15 bloggers in Singapore with a thriving Instagram and Facebook Family! Or simply drop us a word on SocialMediaMomSG@gmail.com or Whatsapp on 9387 4661 / 8691 2055.