The year is almost coming to an end and we are already starting to list down some coolest things that are happening in Q1 2019. One of the coolest event that we at #SocialMediaMomSG are looking forward to is: Safari Zoo Run 2019.
Read on to find out all the details about Safari Zoo Run 2019 below and tell us whether you are “Team Ah Meng and Team Chawang” OR “Team Canola” OR “Team Sunny”?
Singapore’s Wildest Race SAFARI ZOO RUN 2019 steps ahead this time with greener initiatives.
- Race route will now include River Safari for the first time in run’s 11-year history.
- Runners will get an opportunity to say hi to park icon Canola the manatee at the Amazon Flooded Forest. Previously, runners raced through the lush pathways of Night Safari and Singapore Zoo only.
- Runners are encouraged to bring their own bottles to reduce single-use plastic.
- In line with the theme, Run for Wildlife—WRS will also do away with plastic wraps for race tees and finisher medals.
- Safari Zoo Run 2019 will have new race categories to encourage family bonding even more. The Safari Zoo Duo Dash and Safari Zoo Junior Dash will allow adults to team up with their children for a competitive 2 km race. Test your endurance as an experienced runner when you run the 12 km competitive category. Families can opt for a leisurely 4 km stroll as they appreciate nature and wildlife along the way.
Which team you are rooting for?
- Team Ah Meng and Team Chawang where you will Run for the Forest:
Ah Meng and Chawang want to raise awareness on deforestation and protect the homes of their friends. Join them and pledge to start using sustainable sourced products.
- Team Canola where you will Run for Clean Water:
Canola is all for protecting her river-dwelling neighbors and provide cleaner homes
for them by reducing single use plastic that have destroyed their waters. Pledge to
reduce the use of single use plastic and opt for refillable bottles.
- Team Sunny where you will Run for Clean Air:
Sunny’s wish is for everyone to enjoy cleaner air. All you have to do is reduce your carbon footprint by taking public transport instead of driving whenever you can.
- Early bird registration with discounted rates: now until 31 December 2018
- Promotional rates from 1 – 31 January 2019
- Normal registration will run from 1 – 15 February 2019
For more information, click here.
Safari Zoo Run 2019
Date: 24 February 2019 Sunday from 07:00 AM – 11:00 AM
Venue: Singapore Zoo, 80 Mandai Lake Rd, Singapore 729826
PC: Wildlife Reserves Singapore
Are you into a venture that is all about kids /ladies /families? Then do contact us to reach out to Singapore moms, kids and families. We are among TOP 15 bloggers in Singapore with a thriving Instagram and Facebook Family! Or simply drop us a word on SocialMediaMomSG@gmail.com or Whatsapp on 9387 4661 / 8691 2055.